Friday, October 27, 2023

Friday Fade Out

 I must say the only productive thing I've done all day was right a couple of kid letters. They're relatively simple but they do take time and a little bit of thought. I pride myself in that I don't clone each letter off the nice one. I tried to focus a little bit on each individual that I write to so that means something specifically to them. I understand that whoever gets these most likely really doesn't pay much attention to the letter it's probably more of an annoyance than anything else but it's my annoyance to them. Hope that doesn't sound too harsh. I know I think I would sort of get tired if I had somebody who is writing me every month. But it's my challenge to myself to do this in the hopes that it will be some sort of legacy to those After I'm Gone and I will be gone someday, probably sooner than later. I almost went out this morning because the morning was clear but it was very cold as well. Once again it's difficult to get out early because on Monday Wednesdays and Fridays my home health person doesn't even get here till like 8:30 if I'm lucky. Today she surprised me by coming 15 minutes early and that's great.


I really like my home health person she's really reliable at least for showing up and providing the services that I paid her for. Over the years I've tended to give my help bonuses now and they're not really very much 5 or 10 bucks here and there on top of what they get on their daily visit. These girls work so hard sometimes it makes a difference in their gas for one job to the next. Anyway Melissa, my current home health person, really doesn't seem to need cash that much as much as she needs food and I think friendliness. I don't mean food like food bank food I mean like having a loaf of bread to make toast out of or a burrito or something else frozen in the freezer that she can use to microwave into some service snack while she's here. She also likes cookies and candy. I have a candy bar for her everyday when she's finished and I think she really enjoys that probably more than anything else the consistency of being appreciated. Melissa really takes care of me and I don't know what I will do if and when she leaves that I know that will happen unless I go first heaven forbid. I just wish I could get her up in the morning earlier so I wouldn't have to spend so much of my time waiting for her to get here do the job and get on with my day. But really I'm just glad she's here and she does such a good job.


I continue to get familiar with the new old chair, the one for the repair shop, it's still a challenge to get dressed and feel comfortable once I'm in. Today's been the first day that my butt hasn't really hurt from being in a different chair. Same cushion mind you but it just fits differently and how I sit in the chair on top of it I don't have the near protection that I thought that I had before. Now if I could just get things easier to dress in the morning I think I'd be super happy…

No comments: