Friday, October 20, 2023

Just two things

 Two things I knew for sure we're going to happen today one was meeting with some old friends for lunch at this pizza joint and second was the return of my power chair it's been in the shop about 6 weeks. I wasn't quite certain about the latter because they just indicated that my chair delivered sometime today. I thought maybe if they tried to come out but I wasn't here at the apartments they would just take it back but luckily they ended up delivering it right around 6:30 cuz I was making dinner at the time.


There's this place called the pie, it's a pizza joint Renown for making incredibly large tasty pizzas. When I first moved into the area there's only one the pie joint and it was up right across from the University, which sort of made sense. But it was the place to go if you really wanted especially pie. The pies are huge and tasty great meat and great other items to put on a pizza pie. The restaurant we went to is fairly new kind of trendy which takes away from what the place used to be all about. The original pie was in a joint in the basement and what was sort of its trademark was that everybody had written on the walls. The walls were made of bricks exposed bricks and everybody did either use felt markers are felt tips or chalk to write their names and messages and dates on the wall. So of course they have faux writings. The place still makes excellent pizzas but you can certainly tell they are out just to make the money. But they have good staff and it's accessible and that's what this crew really needs. All of us power chairs down one way or the other whether it's a scooter or a power chair like I've got. We basically use public transit except for one of us who has somebody driver around usually. We meet once or twice a year and it's a pretty decent experience. The pie is one of those places where you can actually order just a single slice of pizza that's all you really need really. A single slice of pizza and if you decide to have a salad and a drink probably comes around 10 bucks maybe a shade more but that's what lunch is these days. The pizza is great and it's probably best that you just got one piece more than one could put you over any weight limits you could put on yourself. I got the Stromboli which is basically a meat lovers Pizza it was quite tasty along with a carbonated drink that was all I needed. Conversations kind of one-sided but that's okay too I don't know if it's me or it's just getting hard to hear and probably places like this anymore I find myself requested the person to repeat themselves over and over again through a conversation. I really don't want to deal with hearing aids but we'll just have to see what happens…


I got a phone call later on in the afternoon in the evening and I didn't take the call at first because I didn't recognize the number but then I got the call again immediately so I knew it was somebody who was trying to get me and it was the wheelchair shop delivery guy bringing my chair in. It's back sitting in the space reserved for the chairs. I was upset at first because I couldn't find the running lights on the chair I thought maybe they're taking them off somehow when they were replacing everything which it looks like they did as far as replace everything but the lights are there finally I found them and that calmed me down otherwise I was pretty upset now I'm just waiting for somebody to come along and help me transfer from this chair to that chair. I kind of think I may have to wait till Monday until I can get Melissa to put me in the chair when we get done with my shower. That's okay I'm used to this other chair now give me time to rack up some more miles currently I'm at 4,678 miles today I went 3.4 miles. I'm looking forward to using the new chair. The chair looks pretty good I just hope I don't tear it apart too fast.. NJ

No comments: