Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Dinner

 




I know tonight's image is quite unsightly but it certainly an honest bit of My reality. The most interesting part about the image is that it shows the little cup of mashed potatoes. I have not tried these before and pick this cup of instant potatoes at the market a few weeks ago there's not really had a chance to work it through its process. Being from Idaho I've got to be supportive of all the potato products Idaho has to offer. What is interesting to note being as old as I am I was pretty young when the instant potato movement sort of took off. I'm sure instant potatoes have been around forever but not like they were in the late 50s and the 60s when they really begin to show up everywhere it seemed especially in Idaho. Of course it seemed like everybody's discourse about instant potatoes were  they were horrible. I really liked everything about them from the onset especially the flavor. I did not equate The Taste with real potatoes are real mashed potatoes and gravy but they were certainly a good stand in and I totally believe if the gravy is good you can dress up a lot of problems with good gravy.


This weekend or last weekend I picked up this family size dinner of Salisbury steak. 6 patties in a rich brown gravy you can't do any worse than that or better for that matter. Again, I like this kind of gravy rich brown and synthetic. I've been keeping the dinner Frozen up in the freezer for some time but I wanted to free up the space so I can shut the freezer door as well as get a new shipment of popsicles that will fit in the space I can carve out. So tonight for dinner I had two steaks Salisbury and a cup of mashed potatoes. For the green for tonight's dinner I had a couple tablespoons of jalapeno peppers and called it good and it was quite good actually. So I've gotten rid of the potatoes and I have at least two dinners left of the Salisbury steaks. I may have a meal of hot Salisbury steak sandwich with Rich brown gravy. That could be either a lunch or a dinner. Either way I'm excited I'm thinking if I were to do a dinner say tomorrow night or whenever I might add a can of something green either spinach, beans or maybe even pickled beets which aren't green but would certainly be colorful especially in contrast to the potatoes. Might be a great Halloween dinner for the red beets depicting blood. Now I just have to figure out a way to get the Salisbury steaks covered in plastic wrap and back into the refrigerator for the next encore. The stakes are cooled off for now that I can handle them without burning my hands and I should be able to wrap them up pretty well. Then I just have to throw away the rest of the evidence that a dinner was held here and everyone survived… LOL

No comments: