Monday, October 02, 2023

chilly chili





 I actually felt pretty good today but I still really didn't do anything which I blamed on the weather. I woke the clouds and rain sometimes pretty significant rain enough to keep me inside warm and dry enjoying the morning and afternoon. Of course I could have been more productive than watching Marvel movies but that's what I chose to do and I enjoyed the time I did watching the movies. There's just some kind of Magical Escape for me in those movies. I suppose had I not done all the early writing of the kids letters I would have been doing that today or at least trying to get it all squared around so I can mail it out but that's all done! One big event of the day was the actual delivery of my newest hoodie. It's size 4 X and it's a zip up Hoodie. I have not tried it on yet. I think I'll wait till tomorrow before I go to the bus stop. The rain which came in this afternoon is supposed to last the night and then rain tomorrow as well. It sounds like I should be okay going into the meeting I have downtown Salt Lake but leaving and coming home might be another issue. Either way I don't think it's going to rain very hard and I have a new hoodie and that should keep me just fine. I don't know if I can wear buy more bulky shirts but I think I can get away with wearing a regular T-shirt with the hood if I plan to keep the hood on all day.


Even though I really was not as cold as it looked I felt I needed something warm for dinner so I spent a lot of time looking inside my pantry and overlooking the tamales but just what I sort of really wanted but thought I'd better wait. I had to do crackers so I thought well I could do chili. So I opened up a can of Hormel chili that I found on the Shelf. It smelled okay and it first glance looked all right but after I cooked it and got it hot in the microwave and out of the microwave and onto my lap and I took one bite which tasted okay but on the second right a little white thing sort of stood up and I don't know if it was my imagination or exactly what but it took me by surprise and I looked closely and I still don't know if it really was a maggot or whatever and it couldn't be alive after what I put it through microwave wise and then I look closer at the can and it seemed to be riddled with these little white squiggly things. They weren't moving but it was just enough for me to disregard the whole can in my bowl. So as I put them in the sink to go down the disposal I wonder if I begin to think maybe it just bean sprouts you know how that sometimes the the bean pods or the beans will Sprout little white squealy thing comes out which could look like a maggot. That's probably what it was but it was just enough for me to get rid of the whole can and then I found a another can of chili which was a much earlier or later date as far as used by when. It was from the LDS bishop storehouse. You get a lot of that kind of stuff from the food bank but it's good food. It was just made by someone who is 14 probably some Scout Troop are young adult group of the church. We used to have a cannery around our place in Boise and many weekends and evenings young adult groups were busy canning all kinds of items and chili was always a big item. But the chili was great didn't taste like the regular run of the mill corporate chili like Hormel or whatever kind of chilly. Kind of taste like Mom's chili but in a can and for The Bishop's Storehouse…

No comments: