Friday, October 13, 2023

Market runs and birthday brother

 The low pressure system finally moved out leaving clear skies but much cooler temperatures cooler to the point that even with the long sleeve shirt on I really didn't feel comfortable and I was relegated to wearing my old holy hoodie. This is a real heavy duty Hood that I purchased a number of years ago that always felt too big to wear but really it's just right especially for John's back and forth from the apartments to the market and back and that's what I was doing today a lot of jaunting it seemed like. I've been running quite low on sliced pickled peppers jalapenos as well as the cans of tomato juice I've been using for my other drink in the mornings. So my goal today was to get over to the market and get two or three cans of the mid-size sliced jalapenos and a number of cans of the diced tomatoes with green chilies that's really quite the best for the drink.


I ran over to the market before I had planned to do my workout on the arm bike. It was a pretty quick trip I knew where I was going I got three of the mid-size cans which should hold me over pretty well to the beginning of the week and I also got another jar our bottle of vegetable juice like V8 but the store brand. I actually like the store brand of the vegetable juice better than the traditional V8 juice. This was my downfall actually because I knew it was basically three things that I needed and I totally spaced off the fact that I needed the diced tomatoes with green chilies. Actually there was another item that I totally spaced off as well which was the Hershey's chocolate syrup. I had a brand new bottle that I had for 6 months never opened it fell out of the closet onto the floor of course I rolled over it and that was that. But I settled up after I finished by workout drove back to the market and picked up five cans of diced tomatoes a bag of Doritos a couple of Almond Joys. I got home and only realized then that at spaced off the Hershey's syrup. And I was not about to go back to the market again just for that. I may the next day or so run by and pick up the syrup just so I'll have some. I got that new container of vanilla bean ice cream which I think would be quite tasty drenched Hershey's chocolate.


It's my brother's birthday today, he's one of the best Brothers in the world. I've enjoyed him being part of my life even if it's been against his particularly wishes though he would never say that. He's always been there for me when I've needed and to the point of even really looking for a year right after my accident but my parents needed a break. I did not realize that at the time it was happening I just thought I was lucked out and getting a trip but it was all I think for the parents well I did enjoy hanging out with my brother and sister-in-law and another state entirely. I think he's 81 now and that's quite a shocker. If he did anything for his birthday it was just basically him and his daughter and her family they're pretty much singular that way which is okay I understand. I did text him happy birthday which I think he appreciated but it's hard to get it old no matter how healthy one seems to be

No comments: