Thursday, October 19, 2023

Things of Thursday

.



I am supposed to get my power chair back tomorrow, the chair has been in the shop like 6 weeks. I'm a little apprehensive about having the chair back because I'm going to have to get used to it all over again. Half of me is excited to have the working product back especially the elevator function I've been a loss without being able to rise myself up and down. I can't believe how much I use that function. I think the other parts of the chair will be nice to have as well the bigger foot box and the reclining functions working well. I wish it was going to be faster but it's still going to be at 6 mph some things you have to relegate yourself to and that's one of the things in my life just a slow go but it's probably saved my life more than once. There was a report tonight about some lady in her 60s who got nailed by one of the trains. Supposedly it was her fault for crossing the railroad tracks while the arms were down. That's a real issue too because when there's multiple rebuild tracks it's easy to get confused by a sucker punch. You wait for one trained pass that you zoom out and not realize there's another train coming the opposite direction that you couldn't see and didn't hear and then your toast. You're basically filler for the 6:00 news. I came close a couple times till I got used to the idea I'll just staying down on my side of the tracks until that arm raises itself up.


The shop is not going to deliver my chair until sometime tomorrow probably in the afternoon or the evening with my luck not that it matters because after my home health person leaves in the morning I'm on my own until Monday morning pretty much unless I can get somebody over here too help me transfer the cushion and stuff in this chair into the repair chair and then to transfer me from this chair to that chair. I suppose maybe if there is a way to set things up so I could move this chair out of the way once I get into bed and somehow move the other chair in after I go to bed but that's way too complicate it. Worst case scenario I sit in this chair until Monday morning or maybe I can talk Melissa into coming by the apartment at some point in time over the weekend and changing out the chairs. It's always the little things that flop you up in life.


My major event for the day today was getting over to the dentist's office at 8:50 a.m. this morning which wasn't such a big deal cuz that's pretty late in the morning if you ask me but they acted like it was really early. I was relieved to find that I did have an abscess going on a little one and the doc seemed pretty good about saving the tooth was sort of puts me at ease. I should have it pulled just because there's nothing under that tooth so just sits there there's no reason for it to be around except to give me problems but anyway it looks like I'll be able to keep the tooth for a while longer. He's leaving the state tomorrow for a month or for a week but he gave me a prescription for pain, which I'll never use, and penicillin or oxacillin or whatever it is to knock out the problem with the tooth hopefully I'll sleep better tonight though it hasn't been given me too much problem I've been really lucky. Almost 3 miles on the chair today , not bad

No comments: