Saturday, October 07, 2023

Blue Beetle Saturday





 Today definitely had that Saturday feeling to it. Sunshine, a little chilly but definitely doable in a long sleeve shirt and a black watch cap. I had both so it felt good to be out in doing whatever on a Saturday morning and afternoon. I met with my friend Janet this morning over at coffee where we gossiped and talked about other people that we live with at the apartment complex. It was fun and always good for a couple of laughs. I wanted to make sure I could get in a movie today and the movie I was most interested in some rendering called the Blue Beetle which I think is a DC Comics offering. The movie could be Marvel but it's definitely not the same quality as other Marvel offerings. It was pretty entertaining however kept my interest through the whole showing. I doubt however I would be going again even if the film is free. Following the film, I was pretty hungry, so I decided that I would actually order a pizza and take it home. Interestingly the only Pizza I really wanted was Domino's. This is a weakness that I have for pizza Domino's is just playing good old fashioned honest Pizza I don't like everything about them. They are also running a half price sale till the end of the week and I wanted to make sure to take advantage of that.


Like I said there is a Domino's right around the corner from where the movies are at and I've never done this before but I actually went inside the pizza place tried to figure out how to order a pizza right there. I was informed that in order to take advantage of the half price thing I had to order online which since I had a cell phone was able to do. Sadly however I looked pathetic trying to figure out the process sitting on the other side of the counter. I found the pizza that I wanted but I just didn't know if I had to download a piece of software or I can just do it finally one of the pizza guys took mercy on me and help me place the order off my cell phone. And amazingly in about 10 minutes I had a piping hot pizza in my box that I decided that I would put on my lap and roll home. The bus I should have taken was just pulling out as I was coming up to the intersection so I decided just to roll home. They are doing construction on the side of the road that I was wanting to use so that was fortunate so I could roll inside the cones on the regular asphalt/pavement and not have to worry about the sidewalk. I got a medium sized Pizza which is really just perfect because the box of small enough to really fit on my lap securely. I had two pieces of pizza which felt and tasted wonderful. It took some real restraint to have any more but I wanted to make sure that I had something to eat tomorrow so I didn't have to do any work it being the Sabbath and everything. I had thought about cooking Salisbury steak dinner family size six steaks or got the other day. But more than anything I wanted to see if I could get the pizza home okay which I did and now I have pizza for tomorrow and maybe even Monday. I enjoyed the rest of the afternoon and the Sunshine temperature was in the mid 70s and I read my book until I started getting so sleepy I might have passed out it was time to go in

No comments: