Monday, October 16, 2023

Spaghetti And Me




 One of my favorite meals is spaghetti I like everything about spaghetti, the ease and preparing the meal, the meal itself and of course the leftovers. Spaghetti leftovers I could eat forever it seems like. I'm not that turned on about professional spaghetti you know the kind you buy at a restaurant usually added Italian joint as much as I am about being able to make my own spaghetti which I've been doing for years. I'm sure spaghetti is one of those meals that men tend to make early in life- - those that cook that is. Once you have the concept down and you can boil your way into a decent noodles it's easy as that. Depending the house sophisticated you want to get with the spaghetti sauce I mean you could certainly open up a can and mix it with the wet noodles and come out with an edible product that'll get you through the week or you can take some real art steps and making the spaghetti sauce you really want. No meat or lots of meat. I personally like lots of meat especially hamburger slash ground beef I can tolerate pork products such as sausage but pretty much only if it's mixed with the ground beef. I kind of like making meatballs and I would just assume use homemade meatballs versus the Frozen rubber things you find in the market. I have used those meatballs but I've never really been pleased with them. But really just a rich beefy tomato sauce is the best and I kind of like to mix it all up in the pot before I serve as opposed to having people put playing spaghetti on their plate than adding a couple ladles of the sauce. And of course what's left over goes into the big plastic bag with a zipper on it or whatever I used to pull the meals out afterwards for the days following the original meal. I actually like to put cottage cheese on my spaghetti and if I have it that stinky cheese that taste really good on the spaghetti I can't remember its name right now. I've got to check to see if I have any because I didn't buy a fresh canister because I thought I had some in the refrigerator I'll have to check. I almost forgot, if I can swing it or have somebody with any skill sets for making garlic bread I always love good garlic bread. My mom used to make the best garlic bread that I've ever had. And I have to admit that I haven't had garlic bread is good as her since I lived with her years ago as a teenager. I've tried to make garlic bread as good but I just can't seem to pull off the product like she used to make. I've never Frozen my spaghetti. Somebody suggested that today and there's probably a decent idea I've just never thought of it. I assume it would heat up okay after months in the refrigerator / freezer Parmesan cheese! That's what I was trying to think of that's the stinky cheese. Enough Parmesan cheese, I believe, makes any spaghetti palatable.


 As far as canned spaghetti goes whether it's Chef Boyardee or Franco American I just have a little difficulty with canned pasta. The one thing I do like however is canned spaghetti like the chef or Franco over a campfire. I remember going hunting once and dad had cans of spaghetti that we warmed up over the fire nothing tasted as good as that well perhaps except for the Kipper snacks that we had on that hunting trip to. True guy food. If I were going into survival mode I would do so with a couple cases of Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs. I actually had a hot dog tonight made by The Joint across the street Arctic Circle which was pretty good otherwise I think I would have made spaghetti. Actually, but maybe even right this post tonight is the fact that tomorrow I'm going to Spaghetti Factory for dinner I think. I'm a little concerned but I think I'll be okay

No comments: