Saturday, October 14, 2023

No TV for me!



I did not go to coffee with Janet this morning as I usually do on Saturday mornings. I needed to stay home because I scheduled a technician from Comcast to come in to fix my Comcast connection. Actually, I didn't schedule the technician Comcast Central did when I called about the problems I was having trying to watch local news. I should have accepted I was not supposed to watch local news and just keep my mouth shut and enjoy my internet connection and my streaming capabilities. But no, I wanted to get the whole thing fixed and they indicated that my person would be here between 8:00 and 12:00 this morning. I figured skipping one coffee date would be not a problem. I still work at 6:00 a.m. and immediately got dressed especially today cuz that's the last thing I need to have the technician walk in on me without any clothes on. It would just be awkward. But I stressed and ready to go except for shoes by 8:00 a.m..


Imagine my relief and gratitude when sitting by my door at the table doing one of my puzzles I hear this tiny tapping on the door like one of the old people knocking. Had I not been at the table I would not have heard this but I open the door and there was the technician from Comcast I couldn't believe it! I was the first guy on his list. We went to work on the TV or comcast connection it all seem quite complicated in fact we ended up replacing my cable box with a brand new cable box and the one that goes with it. Now while he was here he showed me what the problem was somehow the cable box got messed up and was opening up to a channel that was not dedicated to anything so it looked blank all I would have had to do is say or hit the number of the Channel that I wanted to watch and it would have brought it right up. So we switched out cable boxes and ran through the the screen a couple times and everything looked good except for he did indicate that my flat screen was getting old and now it's probably one of the problems I was having. Again old technology even though we got it new when we got it a number of years ago. I was delighted I would have television for the evening particularly the news and then watch my movies till late if that's the the idea. Mark Anthony is in Idaho helping his uncle move it's complicated but he's on the road so I don't think there'll be any breakfast tomorrow unless my granddaughter wants to go but I have not heard anything from her. Anyway, I was delighted to have everything fixed. I was considering going somewhere especially now that the technician had been here so early and got done by 9:00 or 9:30. But I got caught up doing a few other things around the apartment and didn't make it out. I don't know what happened or what I did but I ended up deciding I'd watch a movie or something like it 12:00 in the afternoon and then I turned on the computer and the screen and there was nothing there. Even with the new wand when I push the power button the little light on the front of the screen would come on then fade away then come on again and fade away. On the old machine the one they switched out as far as the cable box goes it would do that but eventually I can get it to show the trademark that meant that I was in and then I could scoot around and find what I wanted to find at least if I want to I could go to the television or the streaming programs like Disney plus and such but now I couldn't do anything. I was totally frustrated and I did the dumb thing of course calling or trying to get a hold of Comcast which I ended up getting their AI and then finally after some demanding I got a human being that I was texting to and after extended communication he/she indicated that they are deeply sorry I was having the problem and that that they would send a technician out again today between 3:00 and 6:00 p.m.. I was kind of surprised but please that they were going to send somebody out again on the same day did send somebody out earlier and I was hoping that because good morning went so well I'd still be under that luck and get the new guy oh and they also indicated that they're going to send a special guy who really knew what he was doing and so this wouldn't happen again. Well of course you know the end of the story. I stayed in the apartment all afternoon and there is nothing. I didn't even get excited about it since they wasn't even going to show up between 3:00 and 5:00 well three and five are rather three and six came and left and he didn't show. I guess I could crank on to the Comcast but I'm not that strong at this point in time of the day I don't want to have anything more to do with him today maybe I'll call tomorrow and see what we can do. The one thing that's been sort of nagging at me is what he indicated this morning that my flat screen was just wearing out- - I was surprised I didn't know they could but it kind of makes sense so, I'm wondering if that's the problem I'm having is that the screen is just worn out. I could get into a new flat screen relatively cheaply just depending on how much I want to spend and how big I want the screen to be. Either way that's going to be a long process that I think I'll have to rely on mark Anthony big time to help me install the booger. But I can't even get into my computer now because the screen won't light up I'd flummoxed and bummed out but this will pass and I'll get my Comcast back, I hope..

No comments: