Thursday, October 26, 2023

Cold Snap

 Very early this morning I was awakened by little pings on my window where snow / ice crystals driven by the wind where smashing against the window pane. I appreciated the fact that my home health person put another quilt on my bed yesterday as she waited on me to do my business and remade my bed. I guess a true shade of things to come. There is no snow that I could see on the grass and grounds around my building but I guess there had been during the night and they're definitely was snowing in the mountains. There's no reason so I haven't been outside today- - because I did all my shopping yesterday I knew something was coming.


It's Thursday which means it's coffee social day and I made it showing at the event. I was trying to become the person who runs the outfit/show but that really didn't ever happen which is okay because it was a lot more work than I anticipated. Herding people always is one way or the or the other. I still collect the money at each event just because that's what I do and that's what other people think that I do so that's what I do. I put the money in an envelope and put it in the envelope box outside the manager's office when she's not here as was the case today. I'm okay as long as I get my coffee I can do a lot of stuff. I am a team player. Today's coffee was well attended and a lot of conversation going on everything from last night's loss of the basketball game to the fresh snow and winter like weather we are certainly experiencing now. One of the people who goes to the coffee social is also quite a born again Christian person who is very active in the local food bank actually the government part of the food bank quit it support and one of the local Evangelical denominations have taken over which this lady is a part of. She's very nice she even attended our Saturday coffee get togethers once but that was probably enough for her. Anyway, today she dropped off a bag on my door that contained two bags of popcorn, you know popped and in those little sleeves that mock the popcorn sacks that you get at the movie house, and some sort of baked good which kind of frightens me. I think it's part of a casserole some sort. It looks like something gooey with either soda crackers or potato chips crinkled up on top. It's in a container that actually has her name and return address on the top so I guess that means she wants it back, when I'm finished. The name tag is one of those adhesive things you get in the mail for one project or another it's usually for an elected official looking for support that's got your home address name and search on there. They come in handy over the years I have found especially on kid letters when the printer doesn't print as well as it should. So I guess I will wash the container out if I elect to try to eat the casserole. It would really be spooky if it was something like tuna fish and cheese or whatever that dish is tuna fish noodles or just tuna fish casserole. That would take me back to days of your in tuna casserole that I could barely choke down. I don't want to encourage this Behavior but I don't want to be obnoxious either it's such a hard call…

No comments: